A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To Yountville is a brief compilation of wine-centric stories pecked out during breaks in development of the final plot gadgets for Dance, the sequel to Desire in the Frank Mire political thriller series. As the subtitle explains, these stories are Wine-Induced Tales Of A Journey To The Napa Valley Nexus Of Mind, Body and Sip. They represent a half-dozen colorful lessons and experiences out of the hundreds that inspired me to inject the world of wine into my writing – at least the one’s I’m willing to admit. Pulling a cork and pouring a glass is recommended just prior to reading.
Here is a brief synopsis of each story:
- Initiation – Antics, real and imagined, and tasting lessons during a first visit to a Napa Valley tasting room.
- Questions – A Napa Valley winery tour… where adults say the most interesting things.
- That Cork’s Not Going To Pull Itself – Sharing wine and serving lessons with a newly-minted wine enthusiast.
- The War Of The Rosés – Wine, relationships and finding true happiness.
- Wet Dogs and Armpits – Napa Valley bars are informal places where strangers become quick friends and you can pick up useful wine knowledge in the process. Seriously.
- Rutherford Roulette – I invented this wine tasting contest as an extension of the simple blind tasting. What could go wrong?
A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To Yountville is now available on Amazon.com in Kindle and Paperback editions: Author John Cordon.